Monday, October 16, 2006

A short prayer from the heart

Jesus, thank You.

I will be strong.
I will love.
I will forgive.

. . . . .

I will be strong because You have breathed Your strength into me.
I will love because You first loved me.
I will forgive because You see something in me worth forgiving.

Edit:

What is it with this time in October? Damn it. It's been 51 weeks to the day since the last time I felt like this. It's been just under a year since I last saw my sense of reality crack and fall away like this. Nearly a year since I had to open my eyes wider than I'd ever cared to before.

But I refuse to bend. I refuse to break. I refuse to let the hurts of this life master me. Whoever He Is that lives inside me is too great to let me allow hurt to rule me.

I will not falter.
I will not fail.
I will not give up.

Instead, I will do what He calls me to. I will love.

I will love fucking hard
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home